Terms & Conditions
PLACING AN ORDER
Orders are only to be placed online via our website. Full payment is required at the point of ordering. You will receive an order confirmation e-mail with an order ID and a payment receipt. If you do not receive the e-mail, check your junk mail folder as confirmations may be redirected there by your security software. Please check your copy of the order carefully and let us know if any items are incorrect. Due to the number of orders within Heriots, it is especially important to check you have selected the correct branch and time/date for collection/delivery. Heriots cannot accept responsibility for errors made during the ordering process by the customer. To avoid disappointment booking early in advance is advised as our handmade products require time to prepare. Orders require a minimum of 24 hours' notice. However, please note any orders for next day, the cut off time will be 6pm. Special or large orders require a minimum of 48 hours. We do offer same-day purchase options, but these are subject to availability, please check by calling the branch.
Cancellations to any order will need to be made at least 72 hours in advance, for a full refund or credit note. Cancelling an order should be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customers are to quote order number, name, and reason for cancellation. Refunds will be processed within 5 working days to the original Payment method.
- We strictly do not accept returns, exchanges, or issue refunds to any of our food items after it has left our branch due to health and safety regulations.
AMENDMENTS TO ORDERS
- Our policy stands at it is the responsibility of a customer once an order is placed to be considered accepted and all aspects of the cake is considered correct. However, any changes to your order such as, decorating style, colour, size of cake, flavour, message on cake, date, and time, can be changed 72 hours before collection/delivery. Only ONE change can be made after the order has been finalised.
COLLECTING AN ORDER
- If you have arranged to collect from one of our branches, the cake will be available within the time-slot selected. If for some reason you are unable to collect on the day specified, please contact the branch.
It is the responsibility of the customer to collect their cake on time. To ensure the quality and freshness of our cakes, we will dispose of any cakes not collected within 48 hours. Cakes that are not collected will NOT be refunded.
- Where delivery is requested, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure a complete and correct address is supplied, along with a correct phone number for contact. It is also the customer’s responsibility that there is someone to accept the delivery at the address. Heriots cannot accept responsibility for late or missing deliveries due to insufficient or incorrect information supplied, or because there is no one to accept delivery.
If we can’t get hold of you, the purchased goods will be taken back to our bakery which is located at 20-22 Headstone Dr, Harrow HA3 5QH and we will attempt to make contact again informing you.
We offer next day delivery up-to a 9 mile radius from our Harrow & Wealdstone branch. Orders need to be made before 12 midnight for next day delivery. Our delivery cost is £5.95.
- Our products are hand-made, using fresh natural fruit. Therefore, there may be slight variations in appearance from those shown in our publicity material. We reserve the right to replace unavailable components with those of equal or better quality. Ribbon colour as shown is illustrative only – if a specific colour is required this must be requested at the time of ordering however, it is not guaranteed that the requested colour is available. On collection, you will be asked to check the appearance of the cake. Please take the time to inspect the order, as Heriots cannot take any responsibility for visible errors not identified and shown to staff at this point.
DIETARY REQUIRMENTS AND ALLERGENS.
- Heriots is not a nut-free bakery. However, we offer nut- free alternatives, but there could be a possibility of trace. Customers are responsible for notifying us of any other dietary requirements prior to purchase. We are currently, not able to accommodate to special dietary requirements. Please find the allergens of each cake on our website. However, please note that all our cakes are produced in an environment where nuts, gluten, soya, and dairy products are present. Every effort will be made to eliminate the risk of cross-contamination. However, this cannot be guaranteed. Should you be aware of any guests with a food allergy, it is your responsibility to inform the guests of this risk and Heriots cannot be held liable for any ill-effects.
- Heriots will make every effort to fulfil your order correctly. In the unlikely event that this does not occur, please note Heriots does not accept any responsibility for consequential costs incurred due to errors made with products supplied or delivered. This does not affect your statutory rights.
ORDER CUTOFF TIMES
- To be able to process and supply your order on the date requested you must complete payment by the store cut-off time, which varies depending on the store location fulfilling the order and the day it is required. If the cut-off time for an order is on the day you are placing the order it will be indicated clearly during the checkout process.
- If the order is not completed and payment is received by the cut-off time, we will be unable to supply the product on the requested date, and we reserve the right to refuse any orders which are completed after the required cut-off time.
- Heriots reserve the right to make price changes without prior notice but guarantee that no price increase will apply to any confirmed paid orders made by a customer for collection on a date after which a price increase has been made.
- Cake flavour and texture are subjective, customers may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back to any of our branches. If the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined not to meet standards, it is then in our discretion whether you are offered a percentage of a refund or a store credit. Cakes must be brought back within a 24-48 hour’s time frame. Please understand we cannot issue full refunds for a cake that has already been eaten.
- Complaints regarding cake damage, decoration, missing feature, and incorrect order. Photographic evidence must be provided and should be reported immediately.
- We work hard at Heriots to ensure your complete satisfaction with our products. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase or the standard of your purchased product you can contact us via email: email@example.com
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT – WEDDING CAKE ORDERS
We regret to inform you, as of June 2022 we no longer taking new wedding cake orders. However, our customers who have already placed a wedding cake order the following terms and conditions apply.
- We require a 25% non-refundable deposit to confirm a cake order and hold the date. The remaining balance is due 2 weeks before the delivery date, at which point all changes must be confirmed (changes to the previously agreed design may incur extra fees). Orders placed less than 6 weeks in advance of the delivery date must be paid in full. Payment can be made earlier if you wish. Failure to complete payment 2 weeks before the delivery date may result in your order being cancelled. By making a payment the buyer is accepting the Terms and Conditions as detailed in full on our website. Please be advised in the event cancellations we reserve the right to retain the full deposit.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS – WEDDING CAKE ORDERS
- Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances due to any loss of business arising from turning away other bookings on that date. As a gesture of goodwill, we can hold bookings for a future date. Please note should your wedding date be postponed or rescheduled we require a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice of the new date. This notice is to be provided in writing and will be acknowledged with a written response. Please be advised in the event cancellations we reserve the right to retain the full deposit.
We will endeavour to give all complaints our urgent attention. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days and we will endeavour to resolve the matter within 15 working days.